Saturday, September 6, 2008




Wow..i cant believe that it has been so long since in BLOGGED!!! July was a CRAZY month. Gabby turned 8!!!! I turned 36 (yikes) and my dad, (MY HERO) passed away!!! He went into the hospital with some tummy pains and 13 days later he passed away!!! He died of Liver & Pancreatic Cancer. While he was in the hospital he suffered a stroke which was probably a blessing. If he KNEW what was going on he would have been a HORRIBLE patient!!!! It was AWFUL to see him deteriorate so fast and see the man that was ALWAYS active and doing SOMETHING, now bed ridden and in a diaper. I, OF COURSE, miss him and wish he was still here BUT I KNOW he is in a better place and he isn't suffering anymore!!! He was such an awesome man and it makes me sick to think of my mom being alone!! I know this next year of all the "1st"s without him will be rough but we are tough and we will make it!!! I LOVE YOU DADDY!!!

7 Comments:

  1. Jennifer said...
    You look a lot like your dad Jen. I am so sorry for your loss.
    Heather said...
    I heard about your dad when he came home from the hospital, then it seemed like the next day, I heard he had passed on. I'm so sorry Jen. My thoughts and prayers are w/ your mom and you & your family.
    Brigit said...
    Hey Girly. I too was sad to see your dad go. He was always super cute with me. I know it's going to be a hard year for your mom, but we'll all keep her busy and help her through. We love you guys so much. Gabby's babtism was awesome and you rocked your talk. Thanks for letting us be there.
    Kristi said...
    I can't believe how together you seem. You are one STRONG spirit! Even with the knowledge of the church and all it's blessings, I don't do well with death. I still find myself crying, on ocassion, over my grandpa's death and it's been four years! I can NOT imagine losing a parent...that's going to be a rough one for me! That's being so steadfast and strong - can you share that?!?
    The Lyons Family said...
    Hey there! We are so sorry to hear about you dad. You are so strong, your poor mom! You kids are so big and so cute. I hope things are going well for you guys.
    Merrill Family said...
    Jen-so sorry to hear about your dad. How sad for you and your family. I hate the thought of losing a parent. Hope you are doing well. Glad to see a post even thoug it was a sad one.
    brightonislove said...
    Hey Jen....I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. My dad's aunt just passed away from the same thing. But it is good to know that they are no longer in pain and in a better place. And thank goodness we know we can see them again one day! Anyway I miss you guys and your cute kids!

Post a Comment