Thursday, June 19, 2008

Hawaii



Holy CRAP...I finally got to go to Hawaii...and I am only 35!! We had such a great time. We went with Matt & Amanda, Brigit (my cousin) & Brock, and Celeste & Brady! We were there for 7 days in a beautiful house in the mountains in Maui with NO KIDS!!! It was amazing. Thanks MOM (& dad I guess) for watching the kids so we could go and not WORRY if our kids were OK.
We arrived in Maui sat morning and Celeste and Brady were already there for a couple of days. We went straight to their hotel and just hung out by the pool. The hotel next to theirs had an awesome, HUGE pool(s) that we invaded ALL DAY SUNDAY! We did NOT get out of the pool at all. The pool had several different slides and a rope swing. Too much fun. We went on an awesome ZIP line on Monday. Chris was by far the most fun to watch with his LONG OLE LEGS!! Poor Matt was not feeling well so he headed back to the house. On Tuesday we went to the beach (where I got my BUTT kicked a few times by some BA waves, thanks guys for warning me!!!!) and then the boys went golfing while the girls took a nap and then went shopping. That night we went to Moose Magilacudies(sp?) to see Chris' cousin, JR, that lives there in Maui. We had a blast eating and dancing. On wed we had to be up and at the boat dock at 6:30 am (yikes) to go on a "rafting" trip. It was a large blow up pontoon "raft" with 2 motors on the back. Our guides were Brad (B-RAD) and Devon (DAWG)!! They made it the best "rafting" trip ever. The trip was 5 1/2 hours long and we saw spinner dolphins, lots of volcanic rocks and caves. Then we got to snorkel with some sea turtles and even a reef shark!!! the snorkeling was just amazing. We snorkeled off a huge crater and as you went under the water you saw this breathtaking drop off...unreal!! I am NOT good with words so I could never do it justice. If you go to Maui contact Blue Water Rafting tours and request Brad and Devon to be your guides... trip would have SUCKED without them!!! On Thursday we went to the beach again (surprise!). Later we got all dressed up to go to the LUAU and we got there and it was cancelled...RUDE!! It was Brady and Celeste's last night so we all went and ate at Ruth's Chris instead and them bid them farewell! BTW...Poor Matt was STILL not feeling well. Can you imagine having the FLU in paradise?!?! Friday we slept in, hung out, had LOTS of laughs and then got dressed and headed out to try the Luau again. The food was yummy and I am glad we had the experience but I am not feeling the need to see another one. Chris and Brock got up on stage and learned a little hula! On Saturday we slept in again and then went driving around. We had to leave that night and so we had to clean up and pack. We went to eat, shopped some more, ate some sushi, and then it was back to the airport for the flight back to dry, hot, BROWN, VEGAS!!! By this time Matt was feeling MUCH better!!!! I did miss my kids, they gave hugs and kisses but only really cared about what we BROUGHT them!!! TURDS!!
It was awesome and I now am looking forward to our next adventure! We are taking the kids to the beach in California for a week at a beach house. I am sooooo thankful for Chris and for the fact that he WANTS to go and do these cool things and that he is such a hard worker so that we CAN go!!! You ROCK honey!!! LOVE U!

4 Comments:

  1. Brigit said...
    Yeah!!! I'm so proud of you for updating your blog...now if only you can get Mandi to do it. Thanks for letting us tag along with you guys to Hawaii. It was so much fun and we just love you guys. The house ROCKED and we couldn't have asked for a better trip.
    Anonymous said...
    I am so jealous!!! Looks like so much fun. Mark and I went on our Honeymoon to Hawaii, but that was almost 13 years ago. I think its time for another trip.
    Brian and Katie said...
    Holly cow!! I was just looking around on this blog thing, and I saw your page! Do you remember me? You were my favorite young womens leader! I can't believe how big your kids are! You had just barely had your 1st when you were my leader. Wow, it has been so long! It is good to see all your pictures! Anyways, I just wanted to say hi and see how you are doing.
    Kristi said...
    I had to run a marathon in Maui to get there! I loved it there and told my hubby to just build me a tree house, I'm stayin'! Glad you had such a great experience there...where's the next kidless vacation?!?

Post a Comment